Tuesday, December 14, 2010

(Almost) Homemade Bread

Homemade bread is sooo good, but I just don't have the patience for it. So I started buying the ready made bread dough that you can find in a tube along with the crescents and biscuits at the grocery store. It satisfied that need for hot, fresh bread right out of the oven but I still wanted something more......Then one day I noticed a seam in the bread dough. I picked at the seam and realized that it could be unrolled! I marveled at the possibilities this opened! I could now make fresh baked HERB bread!!! So, start off with a tube of either French or Italian bread.




Find the seam and unroll the dough.



Very lightly brushed the dough with some olive oil and select your herbs. I happened to be making Beef Stroganoff for dinner so I wanted to mirror that flavor in the bread. I sprinkled this dough with thyme and then some grated parmesan cheese.



After you sprinkle on your desired flavorings, roll the dough back up and if you wish, cut a few slits into the top.



Still follow your package directions on oven temperature and time to bake your bread. I always start checking it though a few minutes before minimum baking time.




Look at that yummy swirl of goodness......



And how impressed will your dinner guests be when they sit down at the holiday dinner table to find freshly baked herb bread that compliments the flavors of your holiday meals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment