Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dirt Dessert

It's Spring! I know its been here for a while but it finally FEELS like spring. We hit 80 degrees here this weekend and it felt wonderful. So I thought this would be a perfect treat to a nice spring weekend.

I first made some chocolate suckers shaped like flowers. I used pink and milk chocolate candy melts and melted them in the microwave in 20 to 30 second intervals.



I used this sucker mold from Wilton to make my flowers. I first spooned a little chocolate into the center of each flower then used the end of a sucker stick to help me spread it around.



I added dots to some of my flower petals then set the tray in the freezer for a few minutes to set.



 Once set, I poured the contrasting color of chocolate into each mold and tapped it against the counter to even out the chocolate and get out any air bubbles. Then I set a sucker stick into each one.........



......and turned the stick to completely coat it. I then put them back into the freezer to set.



Next I made two flavors of pudding following the directions on the box.




I also made up some homemade whip cream.



After I had the whip cream made, I folded in a couple spoonfuls of the Devil's food pudding to make it chocolate also.

I placed a full package of Oreo sandwich cookies into a gallon zip top bag and crushed them up. I also had mini chocolate chips and gummy worms on hand.

Using my Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl I layered all of my ingredients like this starting with the bottom layer:

Half of the Oreo pudding
Gummy worms around edge of bowl
1/3 of the crushed Oreo cookies
Devil's  Food pudding
1/3 of the crushed Oreo cookies
Half of Oreo pudding
mini chocolate chips
Chocolate whipped cream
1/3 of the crushed Oreo cookies
Decorated top with gummy worms and chocolate flower suckers





And I was able to get the lid on top!




Whip Cream

1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp brown sugar

Place everything into a chilled metal bowl for easier whipping. Using a whip attachment, beat with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.

No comments:

Post a Comment