Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chicken Queso Pizza


Hello! This pizza is more of a method (if you remember me talking in previous posts about other things like that) instead of a recipe.



Look Good??

So I started off with what I call a "pre-baked" pizza crust. The kind you find on the store shelf, not in the refrigerated section.


I spread a THIN layer of jarred queso dip over the crust......


.....and on top of the queso I spread out some cooked and chopped chicken, green bell peppers, and onions. Previously, I had cooked 2 chicken tenders that were chopped with a chopped bell pepper and 1/2 chopped onion. Using just a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and chili powder, I cooked them all in a frying pan until the chicken was cooked through and the pepper and onion were softened. This part could be done right before you put them on the pizza or in advance.


Once the queso and chicken/onion/pepper mixture is on, I topped the pizza with shredded cheddar cheese and sprayed the exposed crust lightly with cooking spray (like Pam). I then sprinkled the exposed crust with chili powder and garlic salt.


I followed the baking instructions on the package of my pizza crust and when it came out of the oven, I drizzled sour cream that I thinned with just a tiny amount of milk over the top.


Viola! Chicken Queso Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment