Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

This year I was inspired to make and send some Valentines to some special friends and family members. I saw the idea on an episode of Martha Stewart's show on the Hallmark Channel and immediately wanted to make my own. Here is a link to the original project idea that has a video from the show as well as a list of websites for all the materials. I was able to find all my materials at my local craft store except for the mailing boxes which I did order from the recommended site.

I started off by taking a couple pictures of my daughter.



Look at that cheesy smile!

I found some small gift tags at the craft store that I turned into a simple Valentine's day card using Samantha's picture for the front and handwriting a sentiment on the inside.


I took the other picture of Samantha and played around with it on my computer using label templates and clipart.


I printed off a sheet of these and using my Xyron Create-a-Sticker, I was able to make each of these into a sticker. I  put my stickers on the top of little favor boxes that I also found at the craft store. I added of few rhinestones that I also used on the little card from above.


I filled the little boxes with "kisses" from Samantha.


I then packed everything into white 3x3x3 mailer boxes with some shredded red and white paper....


....and printed off some address labels. I used my Xyron to adhere my labels to the box.


But I used real addresses for ones I did mail out and added appropriate postage. Mine are not as "fancy" as the original project from Martha Stewart but I thought mine turned out very nice. I hope that everyone that received one in the mail was surprised and that it made your Valentine's a little more special.  

1 comment: